Calendar of hearings
Provisional list of scheduled hearings
Please note that these dates are subject to cancellation
Attend a hearing
Hearings at the Court are public. Hearings last approximately 90 minutes with English and French interpretation.
If you wish to attend a public hearing, please complete the electronic form. The minimum age to attend a hearing is 18 years.
If a hearing is cancelled or adjourned, you will be informed as soon as possible (see the calendar of scheduled hearings).
Rules of security and conduct
- Strict punctuality is requested. Entry to the courtroom after the start of oral submissions is not permitted in order to avoid any disruption to the hearing.
- The number of participants should not exceed that stated in the list of participants, which will be required beforehand
- Chamber hearings begin at 9.00 a.m. and Grand Chamber hearings at 9.15 a.m. sharp
- Persons attending hearings must arrive at the main entrance of the Human Rights Building 45 minutes before the beginning of the hearing; each person should bring his or her passport, identity card or driving licence.
- No telephones or laptop computers may be used during the hearing; photography or recording of the hearing is prohibited.
- No food or drink may be brought into the courtroom.
- Entry to or exit from the courtroom is not permitted during the hearing
- Persons attending hearings should remain seated and silent, and remain in their seats until the hearing has ended. The President may order the removal of anyone disturbing the proceedings.
- Appropriate dress is required.
- For security reasons, access is only given to those parts of the building that are open to the public. Access to the cafeteria is prohibited.
- The building does not have a left-luggage office; suitcases are not accepted.
Please ensure that these instructions are followed.